The Yimby Tumbler Composter was simple to assemble it from the many pieces that came in the package, and I was able to use it almost instantly. This composter’s been performing great so far – I was able to use another feature right away – its dual containers, to get a batch of scraps composting in one, while I add in another batch to the other side.
The Yimby Tumbler Composter was able to produce usable compost in a reasonably short amount of time – only two months. I continually added waste to it every day and frequently tumbled to and fro for around a month. This is actually a fast turnaround time, especially compared to other brands and models of composter tumblers.
You should also take note, however, of where you’re going to put this composter before you start using it frequently, since it does get quite heavy once you start filling it up.
The Yimby Tumbler Composter is made of very sturdy plastic, and is mounted on top of strong legs that keep it stable and secure. This is a set-up that benefits me a lot, suits my needs, and helps me do my composting the way I want to do it. It takes very little energy and effort to get it turning, and the design is so intuitive that I quickly learned how to use it effectively.
Something that I think would be a good feature is a lock to keep it closed when you’re done with it, since I have to make sure that I closed it the proper way as I’m about to finish using it. Still, so far my composter has never been affected by rain, moisture, or any unwanted liquids getting inside. No flying bugs, insects, or pests have gotten in either.
I’ve found that this is the most affordable and properly priced composter options out there for its quality and performance. When you finish assembling the composter, all the components fit in perfectly with each other, with no glaring spaces. The poles holding up the base are also very stable, and the plastic parts of the composter are sufficiently thick to not degrade over time from exposure to sunlight.
This outdoor composter was exactly what I was looking for. It was easy to build and set up, keeps itself above the ground, has dual containers, and a relatively high capacity, and all at a reasonable price.
It does have some downsides, but all in all it was a purchase that I stand by and that I will continue to use for a while. Overall, I’m very happy with buying this composter and would definitely recommend it to everyone who does composting on the regular.
Pros of the Yimby Tumbler Composter:
- This composter is very easy to turn and spin around.
- The latches of this composter keep the load secure and prevents it from suddenly opening up when I’m busy spinning it.
- It’s easy to get this composter assembled and running. Its compact size also makes it take up very little space in my home.
- The holes allow a healthy amount of airflow to enter the container and reach the compost.
- This composter allows me to work on two different batches of compost together, all at the same time.
- This composter was built to be very sturdy.
- This is compact enough that you can carry by yourself all over the place, and it’s also large enough that process and produce large batches of compost.
- Spinning this composter to mix the stuff inside is much easier than having to deliberately turn it around with another tool.
- There are measures put in place to prevent bugs, pests, insects, and any other animal for getting inside the container.
Cons of the Yimby Tumbler Composter:
- This tumbler composter wasn’t actually as large as I thought it would be.
- The opening into the corner is rather small.
- Emptying out the container of this composter is a chore and isn’t as easy as I’d like it to be.
- I would prefer larger holes, to make it easier to both fill the container up and get the compost out quicker.
- This composter would do better if it had a part at the bottom, like a component shaped like a pan, that would catch all the drippings just in case.